Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapist Course
If you are already qualified as a hypnotherapist and wish to advance your skills and are interested in learning more about cognitive-behavioural hypnotherapist (CBH) approaches to patient care, then this is an excellent opportunity to obtain that level of qualification and expand your skills as an evidence based hypnosis clinician. This training course comprises of an intensive 5-day classroom training, supplemented with comprehensive learning materials.
CBH Course Curriculum
This is a strongly evidence based course and incorporates a wide range of studies and research into the syllabus. Likewise, we draw from the substantial contributions to the field of cognitive behavioural therapy and hypnotherapy from a wide range of authors.
Here is some of what you will learn:
- Cognitive-Behavioural Theories of Hypnosis
- An Understanding of the Underlying Philosophy of the Cognitive Behavioural Approach to Therapy
- Mindfulness-Based Therapeutic Interventions
- Cognitive Behavioural Uses Of Relaxation Skills including Hypnotic
- Hypnotic Skills Training
- Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapeutic Questioning Techniques
- A Range of Approaches and Uses of CBT Thought Forms
- Cognitive Disputation and Cognitive Restructuring Methods
- A Wide Range of Mental Imagery Techniques
- Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy Approaches
- Variety of Exposure Interventions
- Consultation and Assessment Methods of Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy
- Plus much more which is detailed in the course prospectus.
Your class tuition will be supplemented with the following:
- Comprehensive course manual
- Full video footage accessed online
- Class handouts
- Scripts for a wide range of standardised interventions
- There is a core, recommended text to invest in and supplement your course notes and you will receive a thorough, recommended reading list upon successful enrolment for this course.
Conversation Between Adam Eason and James Tripp
The reason we have added this here is that this conversation in a webinar held in June 2014 is very enlightening about Adam’s approach to hypnosis and especially the cognitive behavioural slant which he has adopted in his hypnotherapy work and training. This will give you a great introduction to Adam’s pathway to this model and also a flavour of the subject matter and how he teaches it.
Hypnotherapy has a very impressive evidence base.
The field, and the majority of front-line hypnotherapists are still very unaware of the breadth and depth of that evidence base. Many are still using processes and techniques that they have been taught that carry no evidence at all and wondering why they are not getting the most impressive results in therapy. Remember, results get you more clients and an impressive reputation – they are at the heart of my own successful 15 year professional hypnotherapist career. I realise that some of what I write next is going to result in some of you turning away from this page, perhaps because you were taught by someone who truly believed in the following protocols and processes and in turn you have entrenched yourself in a particular approach that you love….
- I know that and found it a very bitter pill to swallow to find out so much of what I was originally taught needed updating.
- I wrote a bestselling book with the notion of the subconscious mind at the centre of it – so it was really tough for me to let go of that notion!
- Regression and psychodynamic approaches lack evidence and are considered by many academics to be potentially dangerous and unethical, let alone less efficacious than cognitive behavioural approaches.
- NLP has virtually no evidence base, yet many of the proven flawed principles at the heart of it are still widely used by those who do not know any better.
- Erickson’s model has been shown to lack evidence and has been turned into something which Erickson certainly did not intend.
The cognitive behavioural approach to hypnotherapy offers strongly evidence-based techniques and strategies.
- It has academic underpinning which stands up to scrutiny and peer-review.
- It offers you a very responsible and ethical way to treat clients.
- The conventional medical professionals will treat you seriously and you’ll stand out over and beyond your provincial professional peers when equipped with this kind of skill set.
These five days are ram-packed with information and skills. I mean this is a very intensive course. You get a lot of standardised scripts to employ within your professional practice straight away, but you also learn strategies and protocols that require no script at all. Read the enclosed prospectus to get a flavour of some of what I include.
There is a coursework questionnaire as part of the assessment to complete following the classroom hours. There is then a requirement for you to submit two written case studies demonstrating the cognitive-behavioural hypnotherapy approach.
Qualification and Award
You will be able to call yourself a certified Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapist upon successful completion of this course and having submitted the coursework and case studies to the required standards. For a full understanding of the accreditation for this course, please refer to the course prospectus.
In order to qualify as a delegate for this course, you are required to hold a diploma level qualification in hypnotherapy.
This is an intensive five day course, for full classroom hours and structure of training days, please refer to the course prospectus.
For full details of course fees, venue, dates and a full, comprehensive understanding of the course content, please put your name and email address in the boxes and you’ll immediately be sent that information within the course prospectus by automated email. We look forward to welcoming you to the college.
- If due to unforeseen circumstances any delegate needs to cancel an enrolment, up to one month before the course / seminar / workshop commences a refund of 66% of the paid course fee will be made by Adam Eason School of Therapeutic Hypnosis (T/as Awake Media Productions Ltd). Unfortunately, for any reduced initial fees paid (i.e. You took us up on an offer of a reduced course fee) and for any cancellations made within a month of the start date or after the start date of the course, no refunds are available. Please note: If you wish to move on to a different course at a later date and you give us less than a month’s notice, there are additional fees incurred due to hotel booking costs etc.
- If for any reason or due to unforeseen circumstances the programme you enrol upon has to be cancelled, Adam Eason College of Therapeutic Hypnosis (T/as Awake Media Productions Ltd) will refund your payment in full. Adam Eason School of Therapeutic Hypnosis and/or its directors will not be liable for any other expenses.
Adam answers some questions in this audio: