Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapist Online Course
If you are already qualified as a hypnotherapist and wish to advance your skills and are interested in learning more about Cognitive-Behavioural Hypnotherapist (CBH) approaches to patient care, then this is an excellent opportunity to obtain that level of qualification and expand your skills as an evidence based hypnosis clinician.
This training course contains video recordings of the intensive 5-day classroom training, supplemented with comprehensive learning materials.
CBH Course Curriculum
This is a strongly evidence based course and incorporates a wide range of studies and research into the syllabus.
Likewise, we draw from the substantial contributions to the field of cognitive behavioural therapy and hypnotherapy from a wide range of authors.
What Will You Learn
Here is some of what you will learn:
- Cognitive-Behavioural Theories of Hypnosis
- An Understanding of the Underlying Philosophy of the Cognitive Behavioural Approach to Therapy
- Mindfulness-Based Therapeutic Interventions
- Cognitive Behavioural Uses Of Relaxation Skills including Hypnotic Desensitisation
- Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapeutic Questioning Techniques
- A Range of Approaches and Uses of CBT Thought Forms
- Cognitive Disputation and Cognitive Restructuring Methods
- A Wide Range of Mental Imagery Techniques
- Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy Approaches
- Variety of Exposure Interventions
- Consultation and Assessment Methods of Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy
- Plus much more which is detailed in the course prospectus.
Your class tuition will be supplemented with the following:
- Comprehensive course manual
- Full video footage accessed online
- Class handouts
- Scripts for a wide range of standardised interventions
- There is a core, recommended text to invest in and supplement your course notes and you will receive a thorough, recommended reading list upon successful enrolment for this course.
Conversation Between Adam Eason and James Tripp
The reason we have added this here is that this conversation in a webinar held in June 2014 is very enlightening about Adam’s approach to hypnosis and especially the cognitive behavioural slant which he has adopted in his hypnotherapy work and training.
This will give you a great introduction to Adam’s pathway to this model and also a flavour of the subject matter and how he teaches it.
Hypnotherapy has a very impressive evidence base.
The field, and the majority of front-line hypnotherapists are still very unaware of the breadth and depth of that evidence base. Many are still using processes and techniques that they have been taught that carry no evidence at all and wondering why they are not getting the most impressive results in therapy. Remember, results get you more clients and an impressive reputation – they are at the heart of my own successful 15 year professional hypnotherapist career. I realise that some of what I write next is going to result in some of you turning away from this page, perhaps because you were taught by someone who truly believed in the following protocols and processes and in turn you have entrenched yourself in a particular approach that you love….
- I know that and found it a very bitter pill to swallow to find out so much of what I was originally taught needed updating.
- I wrote a bestselling book with the notion of the subconscious mind at the centre of it – so it was really tough for me to let go of that notion!
- Regression and psychodynamic approaches lack evidence and are considered by many academics to be potentially dangerous and unethical, let alone less efficacious than cognitive behavioural approaches.
- NLP has virtually no evidence base, yet many of the proven flawed principles at the heart of it are still widely used by those who do not know any better.
- Erickson’s model has been shown to lack evidence and has been turned into something which Erickson certainly did not intend.
The cognitive behavioural approach to hypnotherapy offers strongly evidence-based techniques and strategies.
- It has academic underpinning which stands up to scrutiny and peer-review.
- It offers you a very responsible and ethical way to treat clients.
- The conventional medical professionals will treat you seriously and you’ll stand out over and beyond your provincial professional peers when equipped with this kind of skill set.
These five days are ram-packed with information and skills. I mean this is a very intensive course.
You get a lot of standardised scripts to employ within your professional practice straight away, but you also learn strategies and protocols that require no script at all.
Read the enclosed prospectus to get a flavour of some of what I include.
There is a coursework questionnaire as part of the assessment to complete following the classroom hours. There is then a requirement for you to submit two written case studies demonstrating the cognitive-behavioural hypnotherapy approach.
Qualification and Award
You will be able to call yourself a certified Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapist upon successful completion of this course and having submitted the coursework and case studies to the required standards. For a full understanding of the accreditation for this course, please refer to the course prospectus.
In order to qualify as a delegate for this course, you are required to hold a diploma level qualification in hypnotherapy.
This is an intensive five day course, for full classroom hours and structure of training days, please refer to the course prospectus.
For full details of course fees, venue, dates and a full, comprehensive understanding of the course content, please put your name and email address in the boxes and you’ll immediately be sent that information within the course prospectus by automated email.
We look forward to welcoming you to the college.
Online Course Fees
In order to enrol for this classroom week or online course, you need to fill in the booking form on this website and contact us to make your payment. Once your payment has been made, you’ll receive an acceptance form with preparatory information to get you ready for the commencement of your studies. You are then sent on access to all of the online video materials with specific directions and instructions of which videos to watch in which order. At the same time, you are also sent on the full electronic manuals to accompany each of the tuition modules, along with the slides used in class for each module and all of the handouts used in class.
Or Call Us
Do leave a message if we are not available and we will call you back.
Adam: 01202 526977 or 0044 1202 526977 (outside UK)
Keith: 01202 247301 or 0044 1202 247301 (outside UK)
Another thing that we encourage is contacting us via Skype.
Keith’s Skype ID – keithaw2k1.
- If due to unforeseen circumstances any delegate needs to cancel an enrolment, up to one month before the course / seminar / workshop commences a refund of 66% of the paid course fee will be made by Adam Eason School of Therapeutic Hypnosis (T/as Awake Media Productions Ltd). Unfortunately, for any reduced initial fees paid (i.e. You took us up on an offer of a reduced course fee) and for any cancellations made within a month of the start date or after the start date of the course, no refunds are available. Please note: If you wish to move on to a different course at a later date and you give us less than a month’s notice, there are additional fees incurred due to hotel booking costs etc.
- If for any reason or due to unforeseen circumstances the programme you enrol upon has to be cancelled, Adam Eason College of Therapeutic Hypnosis (T/as Awake Media Productions Ltd) will refund your payment in full. Adam Eason School of Therapeutic Hypnosis and/or its directors will not be liable for any other expenses.
Adam answers some questions in this audio:
“When people ask me who to train in hypnotherapy with in the UK, Adam is my no. 1 recommendation every time!”
Dip. Hypnotherapy, professional member of the National Hypnotherapy Society. www.hypnohealth.co.uk
“I thoroughly enjoyed attending Adam’s Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy Course. The course was very inspiring, it’s content and delivery were excellent. Adam is very ethical and transparent in his approach to instruction. He welcomed all questions from candidates no matter how difficult. Adam answered all queries in a congruent fashion and was able provide relevant and timely evidence for his responses. The course is very grounded, evidence based and offers solid explanations. Although I am a qualified Hypnotherapist, I still felt that there were gaps in my knowledge and understanding of the subject. The CBH course has gone a long way in filling those gaps and my confidence has expanded accordingly. The course is a mixture of theory and practical work. The practical exercises are explained well and are relevant to genuine client issues. I would highly recommend the CBH course.” Vivienne Evans Dip. Hypnotherapy, professional member of the National Hypnotherapy Society."
hypnotherapist, coach. www.livingresilience.com
“The first thing I want to say is that this is a brilliant course. I can see why a prerequisite is being a qualified hypnotherapist, as a reasonable level of technique regarding inductions and deepeners was assumed, and it was in fact lovely to see people from such a wide variety of previous trainings all working together with their own hypnotic skills and styles! Adam presented a robust and coherent model of how hypnosis worked both in itself and within/from a cognitive behavioural approach – which was far from merely putting hypnosis and CBT in the same sentence – it was in fact taking hypnosis back to its roots and building it back up with a firmly evidence based framework. With such a framework in place Adam then showed us how to build a total structure for doing cognitive behavioural hypnotherapy that integrated the rationale (of how and why hypnosis and a cognitive behavioural approach work together so well,) with ways of assessing clients and then taking us through, and getting us to practise some of the most useful cognitive behavioural interventions within hypnosis. For me there was more. As well as learning a new model, as well as learning new techniques to use with clients, I found by accident that I had new skills for my own benefit. I spontaneously found myself applying the thought disputation questioning methods to my own anxious thoughts and feelings as I watched the coach for my return journey drive past without stopping to pick me up! All in all a splendid course that equipped me with a far deeper understanding of how to work with hypnotherapy for the benefit of my clients and that immerses the students in the hypnotic mindset. Thank you, Adam!”
Elisa Di Napoli
BAHonsComp.Rel. Grad.Dip.Mus, Adv.Dip.Hypnotherapy by Hypnotherapy Institute of Northern California,HPD by National Hypnotherapy Council, Accredited by NCH UK and member of CNHC. Holistic Clinical Hypnotherapist www.hypnotichealing.co.uk
“I found Adam’s course (CBH) inspiring and well thought out. Adam is very well read and knowledgeable in the subject and far exceeded my expectations He walks the talk and therefore is a good model as a teacher; he communicated in a way that was approachable and understandable, without any un-needed jargon, while at the same time maintaining a very high standard of teaching. As a result of the course I found a renewed enthusiasm in reading and learning as well as applying the material to real case studies. I found the course to be helpful at a practical level in allowing me to find an underpinning rationale to my practice as well as allowing me to personally overcome blocks in my own personal development, thereby giving me further proof of the efficacy of the treatments. The course will require a student to read and study well in order to become fully proficient as a cognitive behavioural hypnotherapist and introduces the delegates to the best texts and sources of information for further reading and learning. I fully recommend Adam’s courses. He is a true professional as well as someone enjoyable and fun to talk to.”