Today, I am sharing a bit of a bug bear of mine – “Science by press release” – let me explain a bit…..
In 2016, outside of the main body of my keynote presentation at the UK Hypnosis Convention, I spoke about a topic briefly that is something I have spoken about often to fellow professionals since: Science by press release.
In the video I explain what it means and why I find it so frustrating, and I’m building upon what I was talking about in yesterday’s video…. go and have a watch…..
Here are some links to show you the reality of some of what I was talking about in the clip:
Regarding the Pixie Dust:
“Pixie dust helps man grow new finger,” stated the Telegraph’s headline. “The amazing ‘pixie dust’ made from pigs bladder that regrew a severed finger in FOUR weeks” said the Daily Mail. “‘Pixie Dust’ From Pig’s Bladder Regrows Man’s Finger” said Fox News. “It is thought that the dust kick-starts the body’s natural healing process by sending out signals that mobilize the body’s own cells into repairing the damaged tissue” they explained.
Dr David Spiegel demonstrating that hypnosis has a unique brain pattern; here are some of the more popular news snippets sharing his findings:
1. Study identifies brain areas altered during hypnotic trances.
2. In patients under hypnosis, scientists find distinctive patterns in the brain.
3. Is Hypnosis All in Your Head? Brain Scans Suggest Otherwise.
How many actually hypnotherapists read the study rather than just the media headlines I wonder?
Has this piqued your interest in this field? Then have a read of these pages:
1. Would you like a satisfying and meaningful career as a hypnotherapist helping others? Are you a hypnotherapist looking for stimulating and career enhancing continued professional development and advanced studes?
Adam Eason’s Anglo European training college.
2. Are you a hypnotherapist looking to fulfil your ambitions or advance your career?
Hypnotherapist Mentoring with Adam Eason.
Likewise, if you’d like to learn more about self-hypnosis, understand the evidence based principles of it from a scientific perspective and learn how to apply it to many areas of your life while having fun and in a safe environment and have the opportunity to test everything you learn, then come and join me for my one day seminar which does all that and more, have a read here: The Science of Self-Hypnosis Seminar. Alternatively, go grab a copy of my Science of self-hypnosis book.