I recorded this clip from my beloved Vee Dub T5 van (the other member of my family) for a very particular reason… In this video I talks about why being a geek is so awesome, and how it’ll help you thrive massively as a hypnotherapist if you adopt the geek mindset.
In this video I talk geek. If I were to take some of the official dictionary definition of ‘geek’ and tweek it a little bit to contextualise this video…
Definition of hypnosis geek.
noun: hypnosis geek; plural noun: hypnosis geeks (like those who listen to my podcasts, train with my college and come to my hypnosis geek dinners)
1. A knowledgeable and obsessive enthusiast.
“a computer geek”
“a hypnosis geek”
verb: geek; 3rd person present: geeks; past tense: geeked; past participle: geeked; present participle: geeking
2. Someone who will
– engage in or discuss hypnosis-related tasks obsessively or with great attention to technical and theoretical detail.
– be or become extremely excited or enthusiastic about a subject, typically one of specialist or minority interest.
“I am totally geeking out over this meta-analysis detailing the efficacy of hypnosis as a means of treating dyslexia.“
I like hypnosis geeks, and consider myself to be one. I am incredibly technical and derive great joy from the theoretical and academic debate of my subject. I lecture on the detailed workings of hypnosis, have written very evidence based books on the subject, I research hypnosis, I have a hypnosis podcast, I write a hypnosis blog, I read academic papers on the subject and know the research supporting this field very well indeed, but importantly, I get excited about it, I love what can be done with hypnosis. I think that qualifies me to be a self-titled hypnosis geek. Here is what I have to say about it and I explain how it’ll advance your abilities, skill and business as a hypnotherapist….
Has this piqued your interest in this field? Then have a read of these pages:
1. Would you like a satisfying and meaningful career as a hypnotherapist helping others? Are you a hypnotherapist looking for stimulating and career enhancing continued professional development and advanced studes? Explore the pages of this website.
Adam Eason’s Anglo European training college.
2. Are you a hypnotherapist looking to fulfil your ambitions or advance your career?
Hypnotherapist Mentoring with Adam Eason.
Likewise, if you’d like to learn more about self-hypnosis, understand the evidence based principles of it from a scientific perspective and learn how to apply it to many areas of your life while having fun and in a safe environment and have the opportunity to test everything you learn, then come and join me for my one day seminar which does all that and more, have a read here: The Science of Self-Hypnosis Seminar. Alternatively, go grab a copy of my Science of self-hypnosis book.