This coming Wednesday we’ll be hosting our monthly CPD online webinar. It is part of our monthly live offerings in our hypnotherapist development hub, but is open to non-members who are warmly welcomed. More information about the hypnotherapist development hub along with subscription options can be found here: Hypnotherapist Development Hub.
Title: Working With Overwhelming Emotions
Date: Weds 2nd February, 2022
Emotions are powerful! They are a part of life but very often, we struggle with how to deal with the negative ones effectively. For some, they can become truly overwhelming.
In this lecture, you will learn:
– Gain a greater understanding of what emotions are, what they are for, the kinds of emotions your clients might have, and what clients might experience overwhelming emotions
– Learn about primary and secondary emotions and the window of tolerance and how you can utilise these to best help your client
– Explore bottom-up and top-down approaches in order to understand the best approach to working with clients who are unable to regulate their emotions
– General considerations when working with clients with difficult emotions such as normalising and validating emotions, self-care, making way for positive emotions, reflecting on triggers, and self-soothing
– Specific evidence-based techniques drawn from the third wave behavioural therapies such as Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT), Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT), and Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT)
– Refresher and tailoring of hypnotherapy techniques that you are already familiar with to use with clients for this issue
– How to deal with a client who is emotionally overwhelmed in session
By the end of this presentation, you will have greater knowledge and understanding of emotions and how to help your clients in this area.
Presented by Sarah Mortimer:
Sarah is a Clinical Hypnotherapist and runs a busy practice in Bristol. She is a Mental Health First Aider (MHFA) and is trained in Applied Suicide Intervention (ASIST). In addition to seeing clients, she is also a classroom assistant on the Hypnotherapy Practitioner Diploma run by The Anglo European College of Therapeutic Hypnosis in Bournemouth, Director for the UK Hypnotherapy Council, and part of the team that organise and run the UK Hypnosis Convention.
Hub members: Free.
Non-Hub Members: £15.00
(use button below to pay immediately or contact us if you prefer to make a bank transfer)